Alerting - bandwidt utilization (bps) for multiple networks

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
stevenastem

Alerting - bandwidt utilization (bps) for multiple networks

Post by stevenastem »

I was able to successfully create alerts for bandwidth utilization using bps and a single network. My issue is that I have multiple networks at each site and I would like to aggregate the utilization into one alert so I get a picture of total utilization at each site. When I set this up using the "And" option I lose all bps data for the source. I'm not sure if this is a limitation of the product or if I'm just doing something wrong. Thanks.

Steve
mbellerue

Re: Alerting - bandwidt utilization (bps) for multiple netwo

Post by mbellerue »

I'm going to try to replicate what you're doing. Could you post a screenshot of your query?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
stevenastem

Post by stevenastem »

This is what I have set up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
swolf
Developer

Post by swolf »

Hi @stevenastem,

The "and" in the upper left of that second panel should be interpreted as "boolean and" (so you get no data, since flows can't be from both networks simultaneously). As of right now, the missing "or" is a limitation of the product. I'll bring this up as something we could add for the next version.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy
stevenastem

Post by stevenastem »

Ah, I was afraid of that. Thanks for clarifying.