Error: Could not read object configuration data!

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
swolf
Developer

Re: Error: Could not read object configuration data!

Post by swolf »

Hi @Tettehp,

To my knowledge, there shouldn't be a real limit on the number of hosts used. There's a possibility that the limit would be imposed by RAM, but I wouldn't expect 8000 hosts to be the limit. If you're running on a smaller system (maybe <=4GB RAM), then that could be the cause. There are plenty of working systems which have more records than this, so we should be able to get it working for you.

As far as determining a solution, this is something we'll need to address next week. As of right now, there's no logging from the CGI code (used to generate the website), so we won't be able to get information by just running code. On the bright side, as long as the service is running, any monitoring/data collection will continue regardless of the number of hosts, so it's up to you whether you'd like to continue with the ~7500 hosts + web interface or if you're fine with having more hosts but limited web access.

If you're comfortable with GitHub, I would recommend creating an issue there so that I can continue to work with you directly.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy