AD/Witness Server Restart : Critical Alarm for URL Checks

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Re: AD/Witness Server Restart : Critical Alarm for URL Check

Postby scottwilkerson » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:16 pm

So there you have it, socket timeout on 443

nickanderson1982 wrote:Redirection to https://prod1.yyyy.com:443/api/api.asmx
CRITICAL - Socket timeout
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Postby scottwilkerson » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:17 pm

Is port 443 (SSL) enabled on the server it is redirecting to?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Postby nickanderson1982 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:36 am

Yes the api services have ssl enabled. I'm struggling to determine how to fix this. Is it the secondary dns server causing this? Because the only change is the AD/Witness server restarting and the secondary dns server taking over until the AD/Witness server finishes rebooting.
nickanderson1982

Postby scottwilkerson » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:12 am

nickanderson1982 wrote:Yes the api services have ssl enabled. I'm struggling to determine how to fix this. Is it the secondary dns server causing this? Because the only change is the AD/Witness server restarting and the secondary dns server taking over until the AD/Witness server finishes rebooting.

Based on what you have posted (not actually seeing everything) it would appear that the backup server that you get directed to isn't setup properly on SSL. I say this because the redirect is working correctly and it is failing after being redirected.

the only way to confirm this would be to take down the primary again and try to reach this URL from another server (not the Nagios server) while it is down and the Nagios check is failing
Code: Select all
https://prod1.yyyy.com:443/api/api.asmx
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Postby nickanderson1982 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:50 am

I'm still working this issue, will have a response soon.
nickanderson1982

Postby scottwilkerson » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:53 am

nickanderson1982 wrote:I'm still working this issue, will have a response soon.

sounds good
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Previous

Return to Nagios Core