Newly added Hosts Unreachable

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
jatindeepsharma

Newly added Hosts Unreachable

Post by jatindeepsharma »

Hello Team,
Good evening,Recently i have added new 35 hosts to NAGIOS, they are synced & service has been restarted after it.still i am not receiving traps from any of it.
On upper right screen of nagios in the "UNREACHABLE" "PROBLEMS" & "UNHANDLED" column these hosts are showing. Please guide.

Regards
JD
Box293
Too Basu

Re: Newly added Hosts Unreachable

Post by Box293 »

SNMP traps are PASSIVE monitoring. Meaning that the sending device only sends data through when there is an actual event on the device. It could be days or weeks before a trap is received.

Have you configured these devices to send traps to Nagios XI?

Screenshots of a host and service status would help understand what is going on.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
jatindeepsharma

Post by jatindeepsharma »

Hello Box293,
Yes i have configured these devices to send traps to Nagios XI. Please find attached screen shot.
Please suggest.

Regards
Jatindeep
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

Can you please post your configs of one of these host and services from Core Configuration Manager. Screenshots will help.

Also please post screenshots of one of the host status pages and the service status pages.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.