Upgrade Nagios Core 3.5.1 to 4.4.5

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

Upgrade Nagios Core 3.5.1 to 4.4.5

Postby urbancom » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:30 pm

Hello,

My current Nagios Core 3.5.1 installation is installed in /etc/nagios. How can I upgrade to 4.4.5 when it installs to /usr/local/nagios. I have tried to just move the Nagios 3.5.1 files after the 4.4.5 install and I get this when I try and verify the nagios.cfg:

Reading configuration data...
Warning: external_command_buffer_slots is deprecated and will be removed. All commands are always processed upon arrival
Warning: command_check_interval is deprecated and will be removed. Commands are always handled on arrival
Read main config file okay...
WARNING: The normal_check_interval attribute is deprecated and will be removed in future versions. Please use check_interval instead.
WARNING: The retry_check_interval attribute is deprecated and will be removed in future versions. Please use retry_interval instead.
Error: Template 'ORG-Urbancom' specified in host definition could not be not found (config file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/Default_collector/hosts.cfg', starting on line 7875)
Error: Invalid max_check_attempts value for host '5320 building elevator camera'
Error: Could not register host (config file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/Default_collector/hosts.cfg', starting on line 5217)
Error processing object config files!

Does anyone have a step by step for an upgrade with this environment? BTW I have nconf installed on the same server
urbancom

Re: Upgrade Nagios Core 3.5.1 to 4.4.5

Postby lmiltchev » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:37 pm

Here's a guide on upgrading Nagios Core:

https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nagioscore/docs/nagioscore/4/en/upgrading.html

Having said that, you need to fix your configuration errors first, before even attempting an upgrade...
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
lmiltchev
QA Manager

Return to Nagios Core