identifying netflow source

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
nicholashadaway

identifying netflow source

Post by nicholashadaway »

In a competing package (scrutinizer), you are easily able to identify the netflow data source even with multiple sources sending to the same port.
So far I have not been able to tell how to identify unique netflow sources that are sending to the same port. It looks like the only differentiation is via port, and not via source IP.

Is this a limitation of NNA or can you point me in the right direction to answer this question?
mbellerue

Re: identifying netflow source

Post by mbellerue »

In reading this, I don't think there's a way to sort them out after they've come in on a specific port.
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... alyzer.pdf

This line here, specifically,
Sources require a unique name and port to bind to.
This may be a difference in how NNA stores, accesses, and works with the data through its lifetime. I will check with the devs and see if there's any reason we couldn't collect the NetFlow source information. If we can, we might turn that into a feature request.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!