Top talkers missing after PHP update

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
dshearon

Top talkers missing after PHP update

Post by dshearon »

Our InfoSec team recently required us to upgrade PHP on our Nagios Log Server from 5.4 to 7.3. We were able to update it and configured the proper extension. Nagios NA appears to be working well with the exception of showing top talkers. Even after waiting overnight it shows nothing. Any help or direction for troubleshooting is greatly appreciated.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Re: Top talkers missing after PHP update

Post by ssax »

Please post the output of this command:

Code: Select all

rpm -qa | grep php
If you upgraded PHP you will need to do this:

Code: Select all

cd /tmp
rm -rf nagioslogserver
wget https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nagios-log-server/2/nagioslogserver-2.1.6.tar.gz
tar zxf nagioslogserver-2.1.6.tar.gz
cd nagioslogserver
rm -f /etc/php.d/sourceguardian.ini
rm -f /usr/lib64/php/modules/ixed.5.4.lin
source libinstall.sh
install_sourceguardian
service httpd restart
dshearon

Post by dshearon »

I went through the steps you listed and the top talkers data is still blank. I attached the output of the command you requested.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dshearon

Post by dshearon »

I think I may have found the issue. While the timezone was set correctly on the OS it was not set correctly in the Nagios NA app. Once I set that correctly the top talkers portion populated. I think your commands fixed the issue and it was still blank because I had just switched sources back to it and the timezone was off meaning the range it was looking at (last 2 hours) was blank. I will keep an eye on it throughout the day but I think we are good to go, thank you for your help.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

Awesome, glad you got that sorted! Let us know if you see any issues.