5.7.1 performance data graphs not working

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
veehexx

5.7.1 performance data graphs not working

Post by veehexx »

we've deployed a new 5.7.1 server to replace our centos6 server. no backup restore has been done so we're currently in a fresh deployment state.

In short, performance graphs on Services are not working.
I've added some test hosts using NCPA, used the XI Wizard to add the host and some basic checks. data is being reported and a manual check shows performance data is being sent (i have data after the pipe '|' in the check results). Process Perf data has been explicitly enabled in the service.
I've attached screenshot on what i'm seeing.

Host graphs are working and show the recent ping checks.
Service graphs are not working and i dont even get the little graph icon next to the service.

I assume i've missed configuring something, but comparing the Wizard-created NCPA checks with the localhost doesnt shed any light to where the issue is; everything looks good from the templates/service definition.

what have i missed that i need to enable to get the service checks working?

edit: i've ran through https://support.nagios.com/kb/article.php?id=9 and nothing obvious sticks out with exits codes or timeouts etc. a couple of "no Custom Template found for ..." but doesnt seem to be upsetting anything.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
veehexx

Re: 5.7.1 performance data graphs not working

Post by veehexx »

humm, it's not to do with the above screenshot showing
b"
, and the attached file in this reply, the perf data (below/attached screenshot) ending with a double quote? this is upsetting the parsing and failing on perfdata processing?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi Veehex,

Just to clarify, is this happening for all service checks or only those using NCPA? If it's an issue with several NCPA checks, I'd like to try and replicate this on my test system. Can you post the check command to the thread?

I looked over the last profile you sent, and if you haven't done so already, make sure to increase the following parameters and described in the troubleshooting guide.

1. Timeout, /usr/local/nagios/etc/pnp/process_perfdata.cfg, set to:

Code: Select all

TIMEOUT = 20
2. Load threshold, /usr/local/nagios/etc/pnp/npcd.cfg, set to:

load_threshold = 50.0
Then verify that ncpd is running,

systemctl restart npcd
systemctl status npcd
Lastly, please post the output of the following command. Thanks.

ls -l /usr/local/nagios/libexec/process_perfdata.pl
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
gkrono

Post by gkrono »

hello,
I have the same issue after i upgrade some host are not showing graphs
gkrono

Post by gkrono »

ls -l /usr/local/nagios/libexec/process_perfdata.pl

[root@localhost ~]# ls -l /usr/local/nagios/libexec/process_perfdata.pl
-rwxrwxr-x 1 apache nagios 42803 Dec 13 2018 /usr/local/nagios/libexec/process_perfdata.pl
You have mail in /var/spool/mail/root
[root@localhost ~]#
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi @gkrono,

Can you open a new post or support ticket for your issue? At this point, it may or not be the same root cause and best to troubleshoot this separately.

Thanks,
Benjamin
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!