Agent recommendations

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
jrader

Agent recommendations

Post by jrader »

We have been running nsclient+ for years and know that it's time to upgrade to something else although I'm not sure what the best solution would be so looking for recommendations. It looks like NCPA and WMI are popular choices. We are primarily a windows hosts environment with a few linux boxes sprinkled in. We have just over 2000 devices which also include many cisco switches and firewalls. Sounds like in order to switch from nsclient+ to ncpa we would have to touch each machine which I'd like to avoid if possible.
benjaminsmith

Re: Agent recommendations

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi,

I would highly recommend using NCPA as it's cross-compatible and we provide builds for a number of platforms (Linux, Windows. Mac and Solaris).

Also, Nagios XI 5.7.x has an Agent Deployment feature that will allow you to automatically install and manage NCPA on a large number of hosts, so going forward that will make it easy to administer the 2000 devices in your network.

NAGIOS XI 5.7

Let us know if you have more questions.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!