New hosts remain pending after upgrade to 5.7.3

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
DennisPR

New hosts remain pending after upgrade to 5.7.3

Post by DennisPR »

Hi,

Since the upgrade from Nagios Xi 5.6.8 to 5.7.3 I cannot add hosts anymore.
When I duplicate an existing host and apply configuration the hosts show in the UI but the hosts and services remain pending.
okp-pip01.PNG
When I go to nagios core the hosts and service status are shown correct.
This is the host info in nagios core
okp-pip03.PNG
This is the service info in nagio score
okp-pip02.PNG

Can someone help me out pls?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
benjaminsmith

Re: New hosts remain pending after upgrade to 5.7.3

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for the screenshots and detailed description. The backend database application has stopped, and the check results are not updating. This can be caused by database issues during the upgrade, try running the repair script, and then try to fore an immediate check on one of those services to see if it updates.

Code: Select all

/usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/repair_databases.sh
Can you send us a current profile, so we can take a look at the logs?

If this is a production system, I would recommend reverting to the previous version of ndo. Follow the instructions below to downgrade and let me know if you have any questions or need assistance.

Downgrade NDO with Local Database

systemctl stop nagios
cd /tmp
rm -rf /tmp/nagiosxi
wget https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nagiosxi/5/xi-5.6.14.tar.gz
tar zxf xi-5.6.14.tar.gz
cd /tmp/nagiosxi/subcomponents/ndoutils
./install
systemctl enable ndo2db
Then edit your /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg and make sure this line is uncommented:

broker_module=/usr/local/nagios/bin/ndomod.o config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/ndomod.cfg
Make sure this line is commented:

#broker_module=/usr/local/nagios/bin/ndo.so /usr/local/nagios/etc/ndo.cfg
Then start the nagios service:

systemctl start nagios
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
DennisPR

Post by DennisPR »

The repair database script didn't fix the issue.
It seems that adding new hosts took about 15 minutes before they showed up in the XI interface.
I have downgraded the NDO utils like you suggested and now it takes 4 minutes before they show up in the XI interface.
I have sent my profile.zip to support@nagios.com
Hope you guys can fix the issue in a next version of XI/NDO Utils.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi Dennis,

Would you be able to send the profile to me as a private message, just click the PM icon below my name. You should have received an auto-reply from that email with instructions for the ticketing system.

Thanks,
Benjamin
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
cmueller

Post by cmueller »

We are having exactly the same issue.
nickap

Post by nickap »

We've had a ticket open on this issue for over 5 months ever since the 5.7 release. I believe the developers are aware and are working on a fix. We have to remain on 5.6.x and it could be quite a while longer before we get a fix in our hands.

I suggest anyone having issues similar to this remain on 5.6.x until further notice from Nagios that it's permanently resolved.
BanditBBS

Post by BanditBBS »

nickap wrote:We've had a ticket open on this issue for over 5 months ever since the 5.7 release. I believe the developers are aware and are working on a fix. We have to remain on 5.6.x and it could be quite a while longer before we get a fix in our hands.

I suggest anyone having issues similar to this remain on 5.6.x until further notice from Nagios that it's permanently resolved.
Yeah, I'm dying to get 5.7.x installed on my 2 large installations but waiting on this to get resolved. Desperate for the performance improvements for large systems as well as some of the other new features and NDO no longer using the queue!
2 of XI5.6.14 Prod/DR/DEV - Nagios LogServer 2 Nodes
See my projects on the Exchange at BanditBBS - Also check out my Nagios stuff on my personal page at Bandit's Home and at github
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

@DennisPR, @benjaminsmith is out of the office - can you PM the profile to me?
DennisPR

Post by DennisPR »

I've sent you the profile.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

ndo2db appears to be running when it doesn't need to be. Run:

service ndo2db stop
and verify it is stopped:

ps aux | grep ndo2db
You may need to run the kill command to kill the process if the above doesn't stop it.

Please provide a fresh profile if the problem isn't resolved after killing the process.