NA NRPD Integration issue

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
ciscosucks1234

NA NRPD Integration issue

Post by ciscosucks1234 »

Hello i am following this guide Integrating_Network_Analyzer_With_Nagios_Core_And_Nagios_XI.pdf to integrate Nagios NA with Nagios XI and when configuring the NRDP token/alerting in NA and apply configuration to Nagios XI nothing is showing under "Unconfigured Objects". Any ideas on what im missing?

I have confirmed the following:

1. Nagios NA can access the Nagios XI instance on port 443
2. Tested accessing the NRDP API URL and manually entering key and submitting, then i can see a test object in "Unconfigured Objects" within Nagios XI
3. Ive tried updating to IP address instead of host-name within Nagios NA configutaion
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: NA NRPD Integration issue

Post by cdienger »

On the NNA command line, create a file with these contents:

Code: Select all

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<checkresults>
    <checkresult type='host'>
        <hostname>somehost</hostname>
        <state>0</state>
        <output>Everything looks okay! | perfdata=1;</output>
    </checkresult>
    <checkresult type='service'>
        <hostname>somehost</hostname>
        <servicename>someservice</servicename>
        <state>1</state>
        <output>WARNING: Danger Will Robinson! | perfdata=1;</output>
    </checkresult>
</checkresults>
and then run:

Code: Select all

curl -XPOST https://XI_IP/nrdp/ -d token=TOKEN -d cmd=submitcheck --data-urlencode xml@FILENAME -k -v
Make sure to replace XI_IP, TOKEN, and FILENAME with the correct ip, token, and filename. Let us know if this command is successful in creating a host and service in under the unconfigured objects section of XI.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.