FreeIPA Authentication change search

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
jm_mcg

FreeIPA Authentication change search

Post by jm_mcg »

My apologies. I had started working on LDAP auth for Network Analyzer at the same time.

Adding ipaSshGroupOfPubKeys to the list for Nagios XI allowed me to find and import users from FreeIPA.

No combination of additions to ldap_ad_helper.php on Nagios NA made any difference. I checked the document that you mentioned and, allowing for the differences between what is expected there and what is actually in the file, it looks as if ldap_ad_helper is already setup the way that is specified.

Should I start a separate topic for the Nagios NA user import?
ssax
Dreams In Code

Re: FreeIPA Authentication change search

Post by ssax »

I have split your last post into a new topic under the Nagios Network Analyzer forum section.

I'm labbing this up and will let you know what I find shortly.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

Please take the attached file, unzip it, and replace this file on your Nagios Network Analyzer system:

Code: Select all

/var/www/html/nagiosna/application/helpers/ldap_ad_helper.php
Then test again and let us know the results.
ldap_ad_helper-NNA_FreeIPA_Fix.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jm_mcg

Post by jm_mcg »

That worked. I was able to import users into Network Analyzer and then sign in with them.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi,
That worked. I was able to import users into Network Analyzer and then sign in with them
Excellent! Did you have any other questions or may we close this out. Let us know when you have a moment.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
jm_mcg

Post by jm_mcg »

Many thanks for the quick help. One more question: would it be practical to change the user import portion so that we could just put in the username instead of the full DN?

Importing users is a rare thing, so just a nice to have.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

I'm investigating this and will post an update shortly.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

This is because the ldap entry can contain uid or cn in the distinguished name:

https://stackoverflow.com/a/18183821

I have submitted a feature request for this as development will need to re-architect the way that it works:

FR: NNA - LDAP - Have LDAP authenticate poll for the proper DN to use from the credentials passed so you don't need to enter in the full DN of the user in the username box during the import (some have cn=, some have uid= on the start of the DN)
jm_mcg

Post by jm_mcg »

Sounds good. Since adding users would be pretty infrequent, I could see us having to figure out why the import isn't working when we just put in username and password.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

Yeah, I agree it would be helpful functionality to have. Please keep in mind that the decision to implement the enhancement is at the discretion of our development team.