Mass Immediate Check and passive service

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
steph007

Mass Immediate Check and passive service

Post by steph007 »

Hi,

In the Mass Immediate Check it's not possible to easily identified passive Service and I wondering if there is not a way to do it.

When we have issues on server, the sysadmin work on the problem to fixed it and then, go to the Mass Immediate Check to force check to see if the problem is solved by the Nagios point of view. But thesysadmin cannot identified easily the passive check and sometime force a check for a passive check. Thats generate out a alert since Fressness is configured to generate a warning and a ticket in our environnement.

If in the different view in the console, including Mass Immediate Check, it could be possible to identified the passive check, that would save alert for the support team. Is there a way to do that?
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Mass Immediate Check and passive service

Post by lmiltchev »

If I understand this correctly, you are looking for a way to "hide" passive checks on the "Mass Immediate Check" page, so that you won't force an immediate check on a passive service. Is this correct?

Currently this is not possible. I can submit a feature request on your behalf if you'd like. Please keep in mind that the decision to implement the enhancement is at the discretion of our development team.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
steph007

Post by steph007 »

Hide or have a way to identified it from "Mass Immediate Check" and maybe other pages would be nice.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

I submitted an internal feature request on your behalf. Thank you!
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!