Configure NAGIOS NA on Cisco FTD 1010

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
Haasjoh

Configure NAGIOS NA on Cisco FTD 1010

Post by Haasjoh »

Hello,

We've been swapping out our ASA 5515-X's for new Cisco FTD 1010's. We are not using the Firepower image. We are using the ASA image. I've followed the docs for setting up the ASA for Nagios NA, and the new ASA's take the commands without issue. However, none of the new 1010's will report back. All my existing ASA's 5506-X, 5512-X, 5515-X report back without issue. Is there a different configuration needed for the FTD 1010's?
tgriep
Madmin

Re: Configure NAGIOS NA on Cisco FTD 1010

Post by tgriep »

We do not have access to Cisco FTD 1010 device to test configurations so can you dump the configuration from one if the devices and post it here so we can check the settings?

On the NNA server when you check the Source, you tou see the Top 5, the Graph or blank for both?

To what data the 1010 is sending, we will need to install tcpdump on the NNA server and capture the data from the FTP 1010 device.

To install tcpdump,run the following as root.

Code: Select all

yum install tcpdump -y
Then, to capture the data, run the following as root (Replace xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with the IP address of the Cisco FTD 1010)

Code: Select all

tcpdump -i any -s 65535 -w ftd1010.cap host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Wait for 20 minutes to capture enough data. Stop the tcpdump and post or PM me the ftd1010.cap file from the NNA server so we can see the flow data.

Thank you.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!