Duplicate links for Deployed Dashboard

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
TBT

Duplicate links for Deployed Dashboard

Post by TBT »

When modifying a dashboard set to sync with other users, we often need to re-deploy in order for users to see the changes made. However, re-deploy then creates a duplicate link containing the old dashboard view for users under their "My Dashboards", even if you go onto the Managed Synced Dashboards tab and remove it prior re-deploy.

For example, this was what Admin looks like vs a User after deploy.

Admin menu:
My Dashboards
Home
Deployed Dashboard
User menu:
My Dashboards
Home
Deployed Dashboard
Deployed Dashboard
Under Manage Dashboards for Admin there is only the one Dashboard, how can an admin remove these duplicate Dashboards links containing old views from user menus?
Nagios XI 5.7.5 (9 Servers)
Nagios Fusion 4.1.9
ssax
Dreams In Code

Re: Duplicate links for Deployed Dashboard

Post by ssax »

I think what may be going on is this:
- You deploy a dashboard to a user with it synced
- The user sees the dashboard and modifies it, now it becomes his dashboard and breaks the sync
- You redeploy and a duplicate is created because it's technically a different dashboard, the user modifying it is why a new one is created
TBT

Post by TBT »

1. Okay, so when a change is made to a synced dashboard owned by nagionadmin, there isn't a need to re-deploy if users aren't seeing the change, rather we should instruct users to navigate off the dashboard and return by clicking the link (to reload), correct?

2. Is there a way for us to remove all duplicates, or should we just send out an email suggesting users manually delete duplicates using "
Manage Dashboards"?
Nagios XI 5.7.5 (9 Servers)
Nagios Fusion 4.1.9
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

1. If the users aren't seeing the change you can redeploy but will get a duplicate unless they rename theirs first.
- NOTE: I've reported this to development in the past to come up with a solution for this but one hasn't been implemented as of yet

If they don't see the changes they likely modified it and it became theirs, if they are doing that I'd probably tell them to rename it something else if they do that, that way it wouldn't cause the duplication.

Development will have to implement a solution that takes those changes into account, it currently doesn't.

2. Unfortunately, there isn't currently a process to remove the duplicates outside of manually doing it or by resetting all of the dashboards for that user with a SQL query but that would cause them to lose all of their other dashboards.