How to monitor servers using SMPP + Nagios/Centreon?

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
MitchelBrayon

How to monitor servers using SMPP + Nagios/Centreon?

Post by MitchelBrayon »

The scenario I have is a system that transmits information about the servers over SMPP. Since SMPP being known for being an SMS protocol, the server information is inside the SMS content in JSON format. This data is currently being parsed added to Prometheus.

In my little project at the moment the data from Prometheus is displayed in Grafana and if I want to keep tabs on alerts I need to keep on watching it all day long.

My question is, how can I have Nagios implemented (if applicable)? I believe I could be consuming the data from Prometheus and working the alert administration in Nagios/Centreon for example (or maybe Prometheus alert manager), and this way no one would ever have to be staring at the statuses on Grafana.

Is it possible? Or omegle.2yu.co what is the best way to have those alerts handled?

I am pretty new in the topic and never really omeglz echat implemented or used such software.