How to Configure A Linux Server To Send Netflow Data To Nagi

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
JunaNougsan

How to Configure A Linux Server To Send Netflow Data To Nagi

Post by JunaNougsan »

I have Created Server of Nagios Network Analyzer to Monitor Network of our small office Enterprise which having 70-80 Systems. but after installing server I have read that to run this server it needs Data flow from Switch, router or Linux server. but I Only have small Netgear router and from that it goes to L2 Swicth and from that it goes to Machines. So to Provide Data Flow to Nagios Network Analyzer I can create Data Flow Server for that. by reading documentation I have installed fprobe in Linux server machine machine for Data flow but I don't understand how to deploy it in network to Monitor Network. below is my Network diagram of my Office
I have draw Office Network.

Linux Data Sender: I have installed fprobe in Linux data Sender Server, this server has 2 LAN cards but I don't know how to use them, (as I think other LAN wire should goes from Linux Data Sender to Nagios Network Analyzer)

Nagios Network Analyzer: as I successfully installed this server & connect it to Netgear Router but I think (LAN from Linux Data sender should go to Nagios Network Analyzer)

I don't know what to do Next as I stuck in how to Provide data flow to Network Analyzer so that I can Monitor Network.

it would be helpful if anyone from you help me to resolve this Problem.
eloyd
Cool Title Here

Re: How to Configure A Linux Server To Send Netflow Data To

Post by eloyd »

fprobe is pretty self-explanatory if you follow the installation directions. Assuming it's installed in /usr/local/sbin, and if the NIC you want to monitor is eth0 and the Network Analyzer host is 129.168.1.100 and the source port is 12345, then you would use this command:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/sbin/fprobe -ieth0 192.168.1.100:12345
Eric Loyd • http://everwatch.global • 844.240.EVER • @EricLoydI'm a Nagios Fanatic!
bbahn

Re: How to Configure A Linux Server To Send Netflow Data To Nagi

Post by bbahn »

@JunaNougsan

Note that you can use commands like ifconfig to find the names of your interfaces for the setup of fprobe.

It will give outputs like

ens192: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
- inet XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX netmask XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX broadcast XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
- inet6
- inet6
- RX packets 32679002 bytes 4762470710 (4.4 GiB)
- RX errors 0 dropped 2501593 overruns 0 frame 0
- TX packets 1937513 bytes 416532519 (397.2 MiB)
- TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0

lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING> mtu 65536
- inet
- inet6
- loop
- RX packets 1557571 bytes 173693148 (165.6 MiB)
- RX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 frame 0
- TX packets 1557571 bytes 173693148 (165.6 MiB)
- TX errors 0 dropped 0 overruns 0 carrier 0 collisions 0

and the interface of interest would be ens192 or lo
February: Fostering a fruitful forum with fun formulations. Fear not for our fellowship of friendly fellows will fervently find fixes for flaws found on this forum. Feel free to follow-up with feedback if I fail to fulfill my function fully.