missing install instructional step?

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
VeroniTasingolir

missing install instructional step?

Post by VeroniTasingolir »

I have Nagios XI installed and want to monitor remote Redhat machine using SSH. Installing the agent is likely not allowed in our environment.

This is from Nagios instruction from the page 2

Before you can use the check_by_ssh plugin, you must install/configure the following on the remote Linux/Unix server you want to monitor:

● Create a nagios user
● Install Nagios plugins and/or monitoring scripts
● Install and configure the SSH daemon

I downloaded the Nagios official plugins(I believe there are 50 plugins) and extracted the files, but there is no instructional step for install command. I read the README file, but this seems to give me the steps of making the install files from the source, I think.

Is there a simple command that will run the install in order for me to install the plugins that will include check_by_ssh plugin?
ajcoil

Re: missing install instructional step?

Post by ajcoil »

Hi @VeroniTasingolir,

Thank you for reaching out!

I would recommend reading through the following documentation:
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ng_SSH.pdf

You should not have to install the plugins once they are on the target machine. Once you have the plugins on the target machine, run through the SSH Wizard in Nagios XI and Step 2 should have you configure where exactly they are located on the target machine, allowing them to be run via SSH.

If you are still having issues or have any other questions, feel free to reach out!