NDO-3 - Query Failed while MySQL appears to be connected

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
jstormshak

NDO-3 - Query Failed while MySQL appears to be connected

Post by jstormshak »

Greetings...
I'm running into a problem where I get the following messages (and numerous others) surrounding the error listed below. I did see some other posts but I didn't get from them a full solution. I'm posted this to see if someone encountered this has a resolution or knows the next steps. I'm running Nagios XI 5.9.0 on RHEL 7.9.

On 12/26/22 the /usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.log was sized as 3.2GB and then the other event on 01/01/23 was 2.0GB in size. This does fill the "/" file system so I do needs to get this corrected. However, these do not report daily, just those two days. I welcome all thoughts and suggestions. I want to ensure there's no DB data integrity issue here with seeing these messages. Thanks!

/usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.log:
[1672093955] NDO-3: The following query failed while MySQL appears to be connected:
[1672093955] NDO-3: INSERT INTO nagios_servicechecks (instance_id, start_time, start_time_usec, end_time, end_time_usec, service_object_id, check_type, current_check_attempt, max_check_attempts, state, state_type, timeout, early_timeout, execution_time, latency, return_code, output, long_output, perfdata, command_object_id, command_args, command_line) VALUES (1,FROM_UNIXTIME(1672093955),231907,FROM_UNIXTIME(1672093955),827014,3048,0,1,4,0,1,60,0,0.595107,0.000148,0,'OK: MpsSvc is running','','',0,'','') ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE instance_id = VALUES(instance_id), start_time =VALUES(start_time), start_time_usec = VALUES(start_time_usec), end_time = VALUES(end_time), end_time_usec = VALUES(end_time_usec), service_object_id = VALUES(service_object_id), check_type = VALUES(check_type), current_check_attempt = VALUES(current_check_attempt), max_check_attempts = VALUES(max_check_attempts), state = VALUES(state), state_type = VALUES(state_type), timeout = VALUES(timeout), early_timeout = VALUES(early_timeout), execution_time = VALUES(execution_time), latency = VALUES(latency), return_code = VALUES(return_code), output = VALUES(output), long_output = VALUES(long_output), perfdata = VALUES(perfdata), command_object_id = VALUES(command_object_id), command_args = VALUES(command_args), command_line = VALUES(command_line)
jstormshak

Re: NDO-3 - Query Failed while MySQL appears to be connected

Post by jstormshak »

Just to let you know the scale of this... This is the wc on the number of times this was reported just for 12/26/22 day alone...

2,320,398 ==> this is an extreme number of report fails in the file ...
coitop

Re: NDO-3 - Query Failed while MySQL appears to be connected

Post by coitop »

Hello,

I have the exact same error, any solution to this?