Nagvis services hangs - no automatic refresh happening

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
MasaNagios

Nagvis services hangs - no automatic refresh happening

Post by MasaNagios »

Nagios Services do not seem to be refreshing at the dashboard level automatically. Hence the dashboard seems to appear as if it is hanging. However, when refreshed explicitly, the services seems to have executed/refreshed in the past. How can I see the services displaying the refreshed outputs automatically on an untouched dashboard, than manually refreshing it every time? the page is untouched. Appreciate any heads up please.
ssunga

Re: Nagvis services hangs - no automatic refresh happening

Post by ssunga »

Hi @MasaNagios,

Sorry to hear that your Nagvis setup is having issues. I've created an internal ticket to let the team know.
cnorell
Developer

Re: Nagvis services hangs - no automatic refresh happening

Post by cnorell »

MasaNagios,

Let's dig into what may be happening here. If there is indeed a bug, I can add any relevant information to the ticket to give us a better shot at replication and resolution. A few preliminary questions:

What version of Nagios XI are you running?

What operating system are you running it on?

To clarify - are you referring to XI's dashboards, or the NagVis component? NagVis is accessed by navigating to Home > Maps > NagVis.

If you're referring to NagVis, have you tried navigating to Options > General Configuration > State Updates in NagVis and checking the boxes labeled interval and updateobjectstates? I believe these options are what enables automatic refreshing of the data.

Best Regards,

Cory Norell
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.