Services/Hosts Removed from Core, still in NagiosXI Dashboard

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
smithak804

Services/Hosts Removed from Core, still in NagiosXI Dashboard

Post by smithak804 »

I have a weird situation. I have deleted all hosts and services from core except for one (localhost), yet there are numerous hosts and services still showing up in the "Home" section of the Nagios XI Interface. The running core shows 1 host and 12 services, yet XI interface shows 44 hosts and 651 services. I have plenty of experience with core, and have been building out my instance uses a bunch of templates, and services that attach to templates.

The problem "i think" originated from when I was starting to test things out. I noticed perf data was being saved in the master template, and was inherited by all hosts. That is not optimal, because there are MANY hosts out there, and I wanted to get that straight before I imported everything. After turning off perf data, I wanted to remove that data so it wasn't on the dashboard. I ran the remove_historical_data.sh script, and it removed the data, but now I still have "ghost" hosts on the Nagios XI dashboard. There are no hostnames attached to these hosts and services. The checks are not actively running. Core does not show these hosts and services. I can not find a way to remove these from the Nagios XI dashboard.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
smithak804

Re: Services/Hosts Removed from Core, still in NagiosXI Dashboard

Post by smithak804 »

In addition, all these "ghost" services and hosts have no object attached to them, I get an "object does not exist" error.
smithak804

Post by smithak804 »

After some time, I just truncated the entire nagios database and that fixed it. (its a new instance, don't care about history at this time), so it seems maybe the remove_historical_data script keeps some loose ends in the database. FYI.

Good to co, this can be locked.
kg2857

Post by kg2857 »

In XI, you add/remove hosts/services via CCM not by removing files.