Nagios Network Analyzer Bandwidth Data Not Updating Automatically

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
KilbertVangriala

Nagios Network Analyzer Bandwidth Data Not Updating Automatically

Post by KilbertVangriala »

Description: I'm facing a critical issue with my newly installed Nagios Network Analyzer (version 2.4.2) on RHEL 8.4. While the nfcapd files are populating correctly and I can view the top 5 talkers in the web UI, the bandwidth.rrd files are not updating unless I manually stop and start the sources through the web UI. This workaround only works temporarily, and the files stop updating after a system reboot or when restarting the nagiosna.service. With 74 sources configured, this is not a viable solution. The backend.log file doesn't show any errors, and I have verified that the time zone configurations match. I'm seeking immediate guidance on how to resolve this issue and ensure the sources update correctly.
swolf
Developer

Re: Nagios Network Analyzer Bandwidth Data Not Updating Automatically

Post by swolf »

Hi @KilbertVangriala, thanks for reaching out.

This sounds like a bug to me; I'm filing an issue so that we can look into this further.

In the immediate term, there's not much that you can do from the web interface. What I would recommend is that you replicate the functionality of the web interface in your own startup scripts.

For reference, this command stops a source:

Code: Select all

sudo -u nna /usr/local/nagiosna/bin/rc.py start $source_name
this command starts a source:

Code: Select all

sudo -u nna /usr/local/nagiosna/bin/rc.py start $source_name
If I were you, I'd probably address this by creating a systemd service or init script that runs on startup (after the network connects), iterates through every source, and restarts the source using the commands above. Otherwise, we'll see if we can reproduce the issue on our end to get the bug fixed in the next release.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns

-Sebastian Wolf
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy