HOW TO ADD '-n' flag in check_nrpe command in Nagios XI

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
kmsharma

HOW TO ADD '-n' flag in check_nrpe command in Nagios XI

Post by kmsharma »

How to add "-n" flag to check_nrpe command in Nagios xi console so that it ignore ssl handshake ,because check_nrpe command syntax is pre defined in NAGIOS XI .if i use as it is without -n it is giving me a error saying "CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not connect to 13.234.204.103: Connection reset by peer"
so avoid this i want to use -n flag with check_nrpe.
when i tried the "/usr/local/nagios/libexec/./check_nrpe -H "add of remote host" ,it is showing same error in NAGIOS XI terminal but when i tried
"/usr/local/nagios/libexec/./check_nrpe -H "add of remote server" -n " it is showing me a nrpe version
hence I want to use -n flag in NAGIOS XI console ,what command syntax is not editable ,only arguments can be passed in console
what to do?
kg2857

Re: HOW TO ADD '-n' flag in check_nrpe command in Nagios XI

Post by kg2857 »

The check_nrpe command is defined by the commands section in NXI. You can edit the syntax of the command there, or edit the -a arg to the command.
Lose the /./ bit when testing. Learn about paths in Unix/Linux.
kmsharma

Post by kmsharma »

awardtreenail wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:32 pm it's word for memoto x3m :roll:
???
Natasha78

Post by Natasha78 »

hello,
To include the '-n' flag in the check_nrpe command in Nagios XI, update the service or command definition and include the '-n' option followed by the appropriate timeout value. This setting specifies the NRPE plugin's maximum execution time. To establish a timeout of 10 seconds, for example, add '-n 10' to the command definition.Fm Whatsapp download
kg2857

Post by kg2857 »

kesiy wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:05 am I can add it. How to start? weaver game is a game that challenges players when they try to figure out a five-letter word with only a few guesses.
Try really hard to state what yo want to accomplish--in words. The world is very bad at reading minds. You aren't the original poster so WTF are you asking?
swolf
Developer

Post by swolf »

I think the original question has been answered several times over now and the original poster hasn't indicated that they still need help.

@kmsharma, if you found that @kg2857's explanation didn't work for you, please feel free to create a new topic and link back to this one if you like. I'm going to lock this thread.
-Sebastian
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy