(No output on stdout) stderr: execvp(/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe, ...) failed. errno is 2: No such file or dire

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
pnikhade

(No output on stdout) stderr: execvp(/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe, ...) failed. errno is 2: No such file or dire

Post by pnikhade »

Hi,

I have newly setup Nagios and added one host for monitoring the CPU load & memory. But facing the below error,

(No output on stdout) stderr: execvp(/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe, ...) failed. errno is 2: No such file or directory

On my remote host nrpe is already installed & /usr/local/nagios/libexec has check_nrpe with proper permissions.

So please anyone suggest what can be the possible reason for this error because I believe check_nrpe is already present.

Thanks,
Piyush N
danderson

Re: (No output on stdout) stderr: execvp(/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe, ...) failed. errno is 2: No such file or

Post by danderson »

Thanks for reaching out @pnikhade,

Just to clarify, you have "/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe" on the Nagios host and NRPE installed on the remote host, and you are getting this error on the Nagios host?
Butters

Re: (No output on stdout) stderr: execvp(/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe, ...) failed. errno is 2: No such file or

Post by Butters »

Would recommend to check if check_nrpe is with proper permissions and what check You are actually calling with it. Look for Your Command definition and the script/plugin you are calling and of course its permission and ownership.