you do not have permission to view information for any of the hosts you requested

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
gregbeyer

you do not have permission to view information for any of the hosts you requested

Post by gregbeyer »

In Nagios in Dashboard under Services Groups, or SG Summary or SG Grid, I'm getting error message:

It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for any of the hosts you requested...

If you believe this is an error, check the HTTP server authentication requirements for accessing this CGI
and check the authorization options in your CGI configuration file.

Not seeing anything in the cgi.cfg that would cause this. Host Groups, HG Summary or HG Grid, OTOH lets me view fine.

Suggestions on how to resolve this?

Already put this into cgi.cfg with my login as the USER

use_authentication=1
authorized_for_all_host_commands=USER
authorized_for_all_hosts=USER
authorized_for_all_service_commands=USER
authorized_for_all_services=USER
authorized_for_configuration_information=USER
authorized_for_system_commands=USER
authorized_for_system_information=USER
danderson

Re: you do not have permission to view information for any of the hosts you requested

Post by danderson »

Thanks for reaching out @gregbeyer,

Is this issue continuously happening across restarts of Nagios?
Also could you provide some more info, like version number and OS?
gregbeyer

Re: you do not have permission to view information for any of the hosts you requested

Post by gregbeyer »

Yes, it recurs across restarts of Nagios. Nagios Core 4.4.9 running on RHEL 7.9
danderson

Post by danderson »

Does it still occur when you login in a new private window?
gregbeyer

Post by gregbeyer »

Yes, it occurs in a private window. I've also cleared all history (including cache) and cycled the browser, opening a private window. Same thing happens
danderson

Post by danderson »

Is this only true for service groups? Can you view services and hosts?
gregbeyer

Post by gregbeyer »

Correct -- only true for Service Groups. Hosts is OK, Services is OK, Host Groups (main, Summary & Grid) are OK. Only the three views for Service Groups (main, Summary & Grid) produce the "you do not have permission..." error.
danderson

Post by danderson »

This is odd because the way servicegroup authentication works is by simply checking to see if you can access at least one service in that service group, so if you can access the services in that servicegroup, you should be able to access that servicegroup.

Can you access individual service groups? Going to a URL like "http://CORE/nagios/cgi-bin/status.cgi?servicegroup=SERVICEGROUPNAME"
gregbeyer

Post by gregbeyer »

No, I cannot. Entered several of my service groupnames into the URL you provided and likewise get the same error message.

substituted in the URL http://CORE/nagios/cgi-bin/status.cgi?h ... TGROUPNAME several of my hostgroups. Each came up. So I'm wondering servicegroups.cfg vs hostgroups.cfg file permissions? ls -la of /groups directory....they are identical as to ownership, group, and permissions.
danderson

Post by danderson »

Do the service groups have members defined?

I was able to replicate the issue by removing the members.