Can I use multiple allowed_hosts and append to current list?

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
RowlinsonM

Can I use multiple allowed_hosts and append to current list?

Post by RowlinsonM »

I'm working with an environment where we use a directory to contain multiple configuration files for nrpe to perform different checks. Depending on the server there may be additional checks for each type and also different monitoring servers to check different pieces.
  • Server A can be looking at base OS
  • Server B can be looking at database metrics
  • Server C can be performing Application checks
Given that monitoring of a server may involve multiple configurations I'd like to be able to include the allowed_hosts for each set of checks within it's own configuration file.

Is it possible to define allowed_hosts such that they are added to the current list so the list of allowed servers will be limited to those whose checks, and configuration, have been placed on the server.
I understand this would mean Server C could do all the checks performed by Server A & Server B but at least it would mean that Server C can only perform checks on clients where Server C checks are needed.

Is there a "+" syntax (allowed_hosts=+<extra servers> or allowed_hosts+=<extra servers>) that would allow me to do this?

Mark Rowlinson, OpsView User