Slow shutdown

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
johnnyt129

Slow shutdown

Post by johnnyt129 »

Am running Nagios log server on latest ubuntu server OS with 8GB RAM in proxmox and it is very slow to shutdown. The logstash service shutdown needs to timeout (5 mins) then 'java' process takes 40-60 secs to stop. See attach screenshots.

nagios-slowshutdown1.jpg
nagios-slowshutdown2.jpg

I found another report related to the first of the problems and changed the settings recommended as the solution in that thread but it didn't fix the problem - at least not after the initial reboot (it worked right away but never again)

viewtopic.php?p=336261&hilit=shutdown+l ... em#p336261

I also tried to increase the suggested memory allocation from 500mb to 800mb in case between then and now (2 years) things bloated up a little.

If there isn't a proper fix - and even if there is - in case the fix doesn't last, how do I set the shutdown timeout to a much lower value, e.g. 30 secs?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johnnyt129

Re: Slow shutdown

Post by johnnyt129 »

ok, my bad. I didn't catch that there was a page 2 to the other post. viewtopic.php?t=63648&hilit=shutdown+problem&start=10

I followed the instructions on the second page and everything works fine now.
lgute

Re: Slow shutdown

Post by lgute »

Hi @johnnyt129, thanks for reaching out.

I am glad you found the solution to you problem.
Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

-Laura