Nagios Log Sever - P2V Instances not accepting logs

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
C4_Network

Nagios Log Sever - P2V Instances not accepting logs

Post by C4_Network »

We currently have Nagios log server single instance where we send all our switch log to. As part of the ongoing project to reduce our carbon footprint, we have decided to move this from a physical server to our virtual environment. This is so that we can decommission the physical server once we migrate all the switches to send their logs to the new virtual instance.

We have successfully P2V the Nagios log server to our VMWare environment which was successful. We are also able to connect to the new virtual instance using the newly assigned IP with no issue. Initially we were getting errors that the dashboard is disabled on both the physical instance and the virtual instances since we are license for only 1 which makes senese. However, after a couple fo days that error disappeared so we went ahead and configure all our network devices to point to the new virtual instance of the log server. This will allow us to power off the physical instances but we are not getting any logs on the new virtual instance even though it is online. I have search the forum but cannot find any specific answer to what the issue might be.

Hoping for some help on this forum.

Thanks
jsimon

Re: Nagios Log Sever - P2V Instances not accepting logs

Post by jsimon »

Hi @C4_Network,

I would recommend following the troubleshooting steps for this issue in the Nagios Knowledge Base:

https://support.nagios.com/kb/article.php?id=38

If you aren't able to resolve your issue with these steps, please reply with your rsyslog and logstash debug logs. Otherwise, please let us know if you have any related questions or need clarifying details.
C4_Network

Re: Nagios Log Sever - P2V Instances not accepting logs

Post by C4_Network »

Hi jsimon

Sorry i have been out of the office and thanks for sharing the troubleshooting link. I will follow the steps in the article and confirm if this resolve the issue.

Thanks