Alerts show Status UNKNOWN

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Network Analyzer, our network traffic and bandwidth analysis solution.
Brad_Shows

Alerts show Status UNKNOWN

Post by Brad_Shows »

I am attempting to use alert in NNA, but when I set them up I get no status or an "UNKNOWN" like it is not properly working.

I am using a View so that I can monitor a specific IP address which is not the sFlow sender. My query for that IP shows data with no issue.
I am not sure what I am doing wrong here... Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Alerts_fail.jpg
Additionally, how can I monitor for a loss of traffic? I want to get an alert when the traffic is lower than normal. I need to know when the traffic drops only 5 mbps or more.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brad_Shows

Re: Alerts show Status UNKNOWN

Post by Brad_Shows »

Here is how the steps look for creating the alert.
Step1:
Alert-Step1.jpg
Step2:
Alert-Step2.jpg
Step3:
Alert-Step3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
swolf
Developer

Re: Alerts show Status UNKNOWN

Post by swolf »

Hi @Brad_Shows, thanks for reaching out.

I can see at least one bug in the screenshot you've shown (the "Round Trip Time" form entry shouldn't be showing for source/sourcegroup/view alerts) - I will try to reproduce this issue and see if we can get it patched in the next release. That may or may not be impacting your alerts.

As for your other question, I don't think there's currently a way to monitor for a change in traffic - just specific hard-coded thresholds.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy