Disable hosts by hostgroup in Nagios Core

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
kbauma01

Disable hosts by hostgroup in Nagios Core

Post by kbauma01 »

We are moving away from core and going to XI, and we are doing this by OS. Linux is ready to be disabled (not deleted) and I am looking for a way to disable all the hosts/services from the the linux group.

Is there an easy way of doing this without going into 400 servers and doing this manually? I'm even fine to leave the checks there but not have them send emails but I can only do this to these servers and not the AIX servers that we have.

Thanks
bbahn

Re: Disable hosts by hostgroup in Nagios Core

Post by bbahn »

hello kbauma01,

https://www.reddit.com/r/nagios/comment ... ?rdt=64862 this post has some information about disabling host groups. Otherwise you can upgrade to Nagios XI which has easy downtime functionality.
April: Actively advancing awesome answers with ardent alliteration, aptly addressing all ambiguities. Amplify your acumen and avail our amicable assistance. Eagerly awaiting your astute assessments of our advice.
kbauma01

Re: Disable hosts by hostgroup in Nagios Core

Post by kbauma01 »

That helped, thank you!