Upgrade 2024R1 missing buttons and footer

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
CBoekhuis

Upgrade 2024R1 missing buttons and footer

Post by CBoekhuis »

Hi,
After upgrading from 2.1.15 to 2024R1, I noticed when editing a user in "User Management" that the Save User and Cancel buttons are missing.
Also on this page the version footer isn't available.
I tested this in both Chrome and Firefox.

Under 2.1.15 I think it's this element that's missing (regarding the 2 buttons):
<div style="margin: 15px 0 0 0;" class="form-actions">
<button type="submit" class="btn btn-sm btn-primary">Save User</button>
<a href="/nagioslogserver/admin/users" class="btn btn-sm btn-default">Cancel</a>
</div>

Kind regards,
Hans
cnorell
Developer

Re: Upgrade 2024R1 missing buttons and footer

Post by cnorell »

CBoekhuis,

Thanks for reporting this. I'll try to replicate your issue on my end and report back.

Best Regards,

Cory Norell
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
cnorell
Developer

Post by cnorell »

CBoekhuis,

I was not able to reproduce your exact issue, though I did notice that the view doesn't always enable scrolling as it should; resulting in the "Save" and "Cancel" buttons being below/behind the footer of the page. I have opened a bug report for this internally.

The fact that the footer was also missing on your instance makes me think there was an error of some sort. Did you notice any errors in your Apache logs?

Best Regards,

Cory Norell
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
CBoekhuis

Post by CBoekhuis »

Hi Cory,

I checked the logfiles (httpd / php-fpm, etc), but there aren't any errors. However I did notice that this problem is only when editing existing users (users that existed before the upgrade).
I created a new user and when I edit the new user I do have the buttons and a footer. Re-edit an existing user....no buttons nor a footer. Baffling.

Hans
swolf
Developer

Post by swolf »

Hi @CBoekhuis,

When I create a user on NLS 2.1.15 and upgrade to 2024R1, I don't get the same issue. I'm creating a private message with some instructions that could get us better error information. If we do get useful information from that, I'll make sure to add it to our bug tracker.

-Sebastian
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy
CBoekhuis

Post by CBoekhuis »

Hi Sebastian,

just my luck I guess :lol:. But yes please, send me the instructions (or continue in a ticket).
I'm having this situation on our test system, so I've held back the upgrade on our production cluster untill there's a root cause / explanation.

Kind regards...Hans
swolf
Developer

Post by swolf »

Following up here so management can see it :)

Over private message we tried to enable some additional logging that we use on our development servers... and it didn't show any errors. I have a couple of guesses I'd like to check still before I ask you to make a ticket with the Support Team proper:

1.) What distribution and version are you running? I kind of assumed it was CentOS Stream 8 or 9, but if that's wrong we may still have a path to repro your findings.

2.) Does the entire edit user page render aside from the buttons? I'm curious specifically about the External Authentication and Permissions tabs - I've attached screenshots of what they should look like. If either of these fails to completely render, it would break the save/cancel buttons as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy
CBoekhuis

Post by CBoekhuis »

You're on to something ;)

1) It's running on RHEL9.3
2) You are correct, the other tab pages don't render completely (no idea how I missed that)
ext_auth.png
permissions.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
swolf
Developer

Post by swolf »

So, I have a couple of things to report:

1. I created a RHEL 9.3 server, created users for every different permission level (not every permutation of permissions levels, but 10 or so users), and ran the upgrade. I couldn't get the page to break for any of them.
2. This is a bug that was present in 2.1.14 and fixed in 2.1.15. At this point I'm wondering if the source code for the Edit Users page didn't upgrade properly.

Either way, I'm going to recommend opening a case on Answer Hub. You can refer them back to this thread. Here's some other information that might get you somewhere useful, faster:

- The original version of NLS that was installed on this server
- total RAM and CPU allocated to the server
- the output of curl 'localhost:9200/nagioslogserver/user/_search?size=999&pretty'
CBoekhuis

Post by CBoekhuis »

Hi,

wel, if it can't be reproduced, maybe it's just a fluke. I can always run the upgrade again, see if that fixes anything, or delete and recreate the existing accounts.
After new year, I'll upgrade the production cluster. If the problem appears there as well I'll open a case.

Thanks for your help and enjoy the holidays.

Hans