Disable up notification on host and services

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
rfullermarsh

Disable up notification on host and services

Post by rfullermarsh »

Whenever Nagios alerts it sends two notifications, one on the issue and one with the state as up. How can I stop the state 'up' notification?
amarosimpi

Re: Disable up notification on host and services

Post by amarosimpi »

Should be able to just select Warning/Critical and not Recovery on the service/host check:
RbfWA9BEha.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cnorell
Developer

Post by cnorell »

rfullermarsh,

As amarosimpi mentioned, you can drill into the notification settings for individual hosts and services in the Core Config Manager to disable recovery notifications.

Additionally, this can be configured on a system level by navigation to Admin > Notification Management > Notification Preferences.

Best Regards,

Cory Norell
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
Rueben65

Post by Rueben65 »

rfullermarsh wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:19 pm Whenever Nagios alerts it sends two notifications, one on the issue and one with the state as up. How can I stop the state 'up' notification?
instagram story download
Adjust Nagios notification settings to exclude 'up' state notification for streamlined alert management.
rfullermarsh

Post by rfullermarsh »

Thanks for the responses but I still get the up notifications.
I never had the notify on recovery selected in preferences.
Any additional assistance would be appreciated.
jsimon

Post by jsimon »

Hi @rfullermarsh,

Are you able to provide screenshots of the CCM settings for this host/service, or the config file in question so that we can take a look at your settings and advise what to change?