feature Suggestion

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
chris

feature Suggestion

Post by chris »

I dont know if you guys followed google on its quest to "integrate all" communication forms into one client. in other words, did you guys hear about the google "Wave" project.

I was wondering, wouldnt it be "cool" if you had a "nagios" bot inside your google wave account, notifying you, your team, your company in a nagios "wave" about network / server / service failures?
Anyway, i do think google has a point stating that the presentation is different in many ways but in fact the data is mostly the same, and i do think nagios could fill a role there when you talk about collaboration, not only in messaging but maybe also in the 'notifying' role. Why not a "nagios notifier" instead of your agenda "im late for that appointment" notifier.

http://wave.google.com/

Just a thought,

Rgrds,
<?php if(is_working()){ $work->state('dnd'); }else{ $work->state('Available');} ?>
egalstad

Re: feature Suggestion

Post by egalstad »

I think that's a fantastic idea!

Out of the box we'll support email and mobile text (email to text) notifications, but we'll start developing notification extensions in the near future. For example, twitter and GSM modem integrations will likely be the first ones to be available.

Our main goal with XI is to develop the APIs to enable anyone to create a custom module/component/addon/etc. to accomplish something new. We'll make a few addons ourselves and then focus on describing the APIs for other enterprising individuals out there.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.