Monitoring AVAYA devices

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
trungleviet

Monitoring AVAYA devices

Post by trungleviet »

Dear all,
I am using Nagios Core 3.4.1; i would like to use it for monitoring the AVAYA telephone devices. I set SNMP community on these device. Could you please advice me how to monitoring the outgoing and incoming calls for this kind of device?

Many thanks for your supports,

Trung Le Viet
gridd

Re: Monitoring AVAYA devices

Post by gridd »

Avaya has very detailed MIBs for their devices, check at support.avaya.com, but monitoring of a calling process probably is not that job would be done easily by nagios. probably it could be done if phone may send traps to monitoring system.

I use nagios to check firmware versions on avaya phones, and phone status (registered on gatekeeper or not).

nagios exchange has some plugins for monitoring avaya gateways
trungleviet

Post by trungleviet »

Many thanks Gridd, i will search on nagios exchange about these plugins

Thanks for your supports,

Trung Le Viet
mattx3210

Post by mattx3210 »

Hi gridd,
nagios exchange has some plugins for monitoring avaya gateways
I have been searching exchange.nagios.org for a plugin to monitor our Avaya G700 Media Gateways to no avail. If you happen to have any details regarding the plugins in your post, I would be most grateful if you could provide them. Thanks for your help!

Best Regards,
mattx3210
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

You can view possibly relevant plugins here: http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/Telephony
Last edited by scottwilkerson on Thu May 26, 2016 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: wording
Former Nagios employee