Exclude GoogleUpdaterInternalService

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
smithmich@uhcl.edu

Exclude GoogleUpdaterInternalService

Post by smithmich@uhcl.edu »

How do I exclude the GoogleUpdaterInternalService123.43 from service checks with a wildcard representing the numbers.
I can exclude the full service name like GoogleUpdaterInternalService123.45.67 but whenever someone updated it the service name changes to something like GoogleUpdaterInternalService123.56.789.
I tried excluding GoogleUpdaterInternalService^ but that does not seem to work.
This is what I have now but have to change the value often.
define command{
command_name check_some_services
command_line $USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -t 60 -c CheckServiceState -a CheckAlc exclude=GoogleUpdaterInternalService122.0.6253.9 exclude=GoogleUpdaterService122.0.6253.9 exclude=$ARG1$ exclude=$ARG2$ exclude=$ARG3$ exclude=$ARG4$ exclude=$ARG5$
}

Any suggestions are appreciated.
lgute

Re: Exclude GoogleUpdaterInternalService

Post by lgute »

Hi smithmich@uhcl.edu, thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately NRPE does not currently support wildcards, in the exclude options.

I opened a feature request for NRPE. This is an open source project, so anyone can work on implementing this feature, not just our maintainer. If a programming resource is available to you, that would be the quickest way to get this ability. I did talk to the current maintainer and he said he would accept a patch that implements this feature.
Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

-Laura
smithmich@uhcl.edu

Post by smithmich@uhcl.edu »

In case anyone searches for this topic:
Now working.
I was using the legacy CheckServiceStatus. I switched to the Check_Service and was able to filter the Google services like this:
command_line /check_nrpe -H -t 60 -c Check_Service -a "filter=name not like 'Google'" exclude=RemoteRegistry exclude=wuauserv exclude=$ARG1$ exclude=$ARG2$ exclude=$ARG3$ exclude=$ARG4$ exclude=$ARG5$ #

Reference: https://nsclient.org/docs/reference/win ... ice_filter
lgute

Post by lgute »

Hi smithmich@uhcl.edu,

I am glad you found a workable solution and thank you for posting your solution.

-Laura
talkexisting

Post by talkexisting »

smithmich@uhcl.edu wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:14 pm In case anyone searches for this topic:
Now working.
I was using the legacy CheckServiceStatus. I switched to the Check_Service and was able to filter the Google services like this:
command_line /check_nrpe -H -t 60 -c Check_Service -a "filter=name not like 'Google'" exclude=RemoteRegistry exclude=wuauserv exclude=$ARG1$ exclude=$ARG2$ exclude=$ARG3$ exclude=$ARG4$ exclude=$ARG5$ # geometry dash world

Hi smithmich@uhcl.edu
Many thanks for that solution. I'm also experiencing the same situation.
sralinko

Post by sralinko »

talkexisting wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:28 am
smithmich@uhcl.edu wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:14 pm In case anyone searches for this topic:
Now working.
command_line /check_nrpe -H -t 60 -c Check_Service -a "filter=name not like 'Google'" exclude=RemoteRegistry exclude=wuauserv exclude=$ARG1$ exclude=$ARG2$ exclude=$ARG3$ exclude=$ARG4$ exclude=$ARG5$ # twin flame astrology

Hi smithmich@uhcl.edu
Many thanks for that solution. I'm also experiencing the same situation.
Were you able to open the nsclient.org link? I am seeing 503 error :(
lgute

Post by lgute »

Hi @sralinko,

I was able to get to the nsclient.org site today. It may have been down for maintenance.

-Laura
Lebenshilfe

Post by Lebenshilfe »

Hello,

I have the same problem, but I get a wrong result:

root@nagios2:/etc/nagios-plugins/config# ./check_nrpe -H X.X.X.X -c Check_Service -a "filter=name not like 'Google'"
UNKNOWN: No handler for that command

I don`t understand my problem.

I hope someone can help me.

Thank you.