Restart NCP Listener issue

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
dancormack

Restart NCP Listener issue

Post by dancormack »

I have followed the instructions to install the NCPA listener via the repository for a system running Oracle Linux 8.8. The instructions state that I am to run the following command after configuring the token in the config. The command is not found

sudo /etc/init.d/ncpa_listener restart
sudo: /etc/init.d/ncpa_listener: command not found

I tried using systemctl but the service ncpa_listener is not found. Please advise how to restart this.
bbahn

Re: Restart NCP Listener issue

Post by bbahn »

Hello @dancormack,

If you cannot find ncpa_listener, you are likely using NCPA 3. Is this the case?

NCPA 2 has two processes: ncpa_listener and ncpa_passive
NCPA 3 has one process: ncpa

So if you are trying to restart NCPA 3, you should instead use

Code: Select all

systemctl restart ncpa
April: Actively advancing awesome answers with ardent alliteration, aptly addressing all ambiguities. Amplify your acumen and avail our amicable assistance. Eagerly awaiting your astute assessments of our advice.
dancormack

Post by dancormack »

Thank you! This has solved the issue. I guess the instructions need updating.
swolf
Developer

Post by swolf »

dancormack wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:41 pm Thank you! This has solved the issue. I guess the instructions need updating.
Hi @dancormack, glad to hear your issue is solved! I wasn't able to find anything on our public sites that still referred to just NCPA 2's management commands - if you have a moment, could you point us to where you found the outdated documentation?

Thanks,
-Sebastian
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy