Nagios Core installation on CentOS 8

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
DannyGulgowski

Nagios Core installation on CentOS 8

Post by DannyGulgowski »

I have a question about the Nagios Core installation on CentOS 8. I have followed the instructions from the official documentationhttps://www.nagios.com/solutions/support/, but I encountered an error when running the ./configure command. The error message is:

checking for initgroups... yes
checking for working poll... yes
checking for type of socket size... size_t
checking for SSL headers... SSL headers not found

configure: error: Cannot find ssl headers

I have installed the openssl and openssl-devel packages, but the error persists. How can I fix this issue and complete the installation?
jsimon

Re: Nagios Core installation on CentOS 8

Post by jsimon »

Hi @DannyGulgowski,

I'm curious about the steps you took to reach this state, as the link you provided seems to just be a Nagios marketing page that doesn't contain Core setup steps. Can you advise what user you followed the SSL setup with and the current location of your SSL config files?

Also, I wanted to make you aware of the Open Source Nagios Projects forum. As your question pertains to Nagios Core and not Nagios XI, you might find more people with answers to your specific questions posting in the more appropriate forum:
viewforum.php?f=7