Not authorized to commit commands

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
yanick.moser

Not authorized to commit commands

Post by yanick.moser »

Hello,

We have multiple Nagios instances running on different servers. However, on one of them, we encounter the message: "Sorry, but you are not authorized to commit the specified command." This message only appears when attempting to send commands for check disk space and the NSClient++ version.

Since the check for disk space uses the same command as some of the other checks that work, it cannot be due to permission issues. Also, I can execute the command manually on the VM.

Thank you for your help.
swolf
Developer

Re: Not authorized to commit commands

Post by swolf »

Hi @yanick.moser, thanks for reaching out.

My understanding of this is that there is technically an authorization check in Nagios Core, but that most people do not use it. The most likely causes for this error are

1. Permissions issues when submitting commands (which you've ruled out), and
2. Failing to find the host or service. Here's a forum thread for a user with the same problem, but only utilizing Nagios Core

I would double-check that the host and service name are the same in the interface as they are in your Nagios Core configuration. Keep in mind that the names are case-sensitive.

If you verify that the names are correct and you're still seeing this error, let us know and we can continue to look into this.
-Sebastian Wolf
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy
yanick.moser

Re: Not authorized to commit commands

Post by yanick.moser »

Hi @swolf,

Thank you very much for your response.

With the assistance of your reply, I managed to identify the issue. It turns out that the problem stemmed from the service name containing a backslash. Strangely, this resulted in the error being thrown.

For instance, the service name was initially "C:\ Drive Space", which I've now modified to "C: Drive Space".

Thank you again for your help.