Duplicate email notofication

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
mandar18

Duplicate email notofication

Post by mandar18 »

Hello Team,

I am getting duplicate alerts on every service that is on Nagios.
I need help on this.

For example.

***** Nagios *****

Notification Type: RECOVERY

Service: Memory Usage
Host: Logistics
Address: 192.168.00.00
State: OK

Date/Time: Thu Feb 8 05:58:13 CST 2024

Additional Info:

Memory usage: total:7167.55 MB - used: 2141.55 MB (30%) - free: 5026.00 MB (70%)

I get this the same email twice.
bbahn

Re: Duplicate email notofication

Post by bbahn »

Hello @mondar18,

There are a number of contributors that could cause this conundrum. If after going through this list your problem persists, then I'll create an issue for this.
  1. Check for duplicate contacts/contact groups specified for notifications
  2. Check your notification interval settings. If the interval is set too low, it may appear as if you're receiving duplicate alerts.
  3. Check the Nagios logs (/usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.log)
  4. It's possible that your email server or client have a configuration handles incoming messages.
April: Actively advancing awesome answers with ardent alliteration, aptly addressing all ambiguities. Amplify your acumen and avail our amicable assistance. Eagerly awaiting your astute assessments of our advice.
mandar18

Post by mandar18 »

Hello @BBAHN,
The got resolved, by mistake I had used the same email ID for 2 users which was the reason I used to get double alerts.
I appreciate the help you provided.
Thanks a ton, buddy.
Last edited by mandar18 on Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
bbahn

Post by bbahn »

That's great to hear. I'll lock this thread then.
April: Actively advancing awesome answers with ardent alliteration, aptly addressing all ambiguities. Amplify your acumen and avail our amicable assistance. Eagerly awaiting your astute assessments of our advice.