Gateway Timeout logging in to Nagios Log Server

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
riahc3

Re: Gateway Timeout logging in to Nagios Log Server

Post by riahc3 »

swolf wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:30 am If you're already on 32GB RAM, I would expect that to be sufficient for most environments, but I can't speak to yours - I would highly recommend opening a case on Answer Hub so that our support team can look into your environment and help dig into logs.
Yup, I am indeed on 32GB of RAM, confirmed.

Is there any article that maybe this is a PHP configuration issue? The max_memory_limit in php.ini I believe is set to 30GB

Or maybe a Elasticsearch setting:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/181 ... emory-size

I dont find these files on a Nagios Log Server installation though...
jmichaelson

Post by jmichaelson »

The Elasticsearch installation under Nagios Log Server can be found in /usr/local/nagioslogserver/elasticsearch.

The PHP configuration files will depend on which Linux distribution you're using. On Debian/Ubuntu, they're under /etc/php/{version}/apache2. On RedHat/Centos based systems they're in /etc/php-fpm.d
Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

-Jason
riahc3

Post by riahc3 »

I literally had to reinstall....I recommend a ELK stack over this honestly; The only reason Im still on it is because my company forces me.
jmichaelson

Post by jmichaelson »

We're working on Updating the back end stack of the software from the old version of ElasticSearch to Opensearch. I can't commit to timeframes, but it's coming.

-Jason
riahc3

Post by riahc3 »

jmichaelson wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:53 pm We're working on Updating the back end stack of the software from the old version of ElasticSearch to Opensearch. I can't commit to timeframes, but it's coming.
Will migration be easy or a reinstallation be needed?
jmichaelson

Post by jmichaelson »

We're working to make the migration as painless as we can, but it won't be completely pain free because of the huge jump from Elasticsearch 1.7.6 in the current NLS product. Those details are being worked on at the moment.

-Jason