User Interface Theme gets stuck on Neptune

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
montr3245

User Interface Theme gets stuck on Neptune

Post by montr3245 »

Upgraded to the latest version 2024R1.1.1. Chose the new Neptune theme to try it out (was presented the option in a banner following the upgrade), but when switching back to other themes (e.g., Modern Dark, etc.), the UI does not change (stays with the Neptune theme). Only the login page changes to the newly selected theme, but after logging in, back to the Neptune theme.
bbahn

Re: User Interface Theme gets stuck on Neptune

Post by bbahn »

Hello @montr3245,

I will file a bug report for this issue and it should be handled shortly.

In the mean time, Have you double checked that you're setting your user theme or that you're changing your global theme and that your user theme is set to default?
April: Actively advancing awesome answers with ardent alliteration, aptly addressing all ambiguities. Amplify your acumen and avail our amicable assistance. Eagerly awaiting your astute assessments of our advice.
swolf
Developer

Post by swolf »

Hey - I agree with what Blake said, but wanted to provide more specific instructions.

Nagios XI has a "System Theme" and a "User Theme". The "switch to Neptune" button sets your user theme (so that your colleagues are not negatively affected by your willingness to experiment), but the login page is controlled by the system theme. I recommend that you try this:

Go to the Account menu (on Neptune, it's at the bottom of the left-most menu). Scroll to the bottom of the page, so that "Account Preferences" is visible. Under "User Interface Theme", I'm guessing you'll see "Neptune". Switch to "Modern Dark", "Update Settings".
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy
montr3245

Post by montr3245 »

Yes, makes sense and that worked! Thank you very much!