Operations center 'configure sound' persistence

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
danielsj1

Operations center 'configure sound' persistence

Post by danielsj1 »

The operations center page seems useful with sound alerts and filters. But the sound alert preferences don't seem to persist between visits to the page.

Nagios XI 2024R1.1.1
cnorell
Developer

Re: Operations center 'configure sound' persistence

Post by cnorell »

@danielsj1,

I've opened a feature request internally to implement persistent sound settings per user. Thanks for the idea!

Best Regards,

Cory Norell
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
gwesterman

Post by gwesterman »

Hi @danielsj1,

I am not sure if I can replicate your issue. Are you sure you are saving your preferences? If you select a sound, select some number of changes during which to play the sound, and hit save, your preferences should persist (e.g. if you configure Host UP to play SMS, it will say "Currently: sms" by the Host UP checkbox).

Please let us know if you still run into problems.

Thank you!
cnorell
Developer

Post by cnorell »

@gwesterman is correct, the sound settings are saved but it's not intuitive when looking at the interface. As such, I have swapped the feature request to be an enhancement request instead; we can certainly improve the user experience.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.