Nagios Core RHEL Repositories?? and nagiosgraph in RHEL9?

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Guyver1

Nagios Core RHEL Repositories?? and nagiosgraph in RHEL9?

Post by Guyver1 »

Question 1:
I used to be able to added an old CentOS 6/7 repository on RHEL 7 to be able to install and update Nagios Core from repository rather than having to download and compile the source (I'm a windows server admin having to support a small linux estate so repository is much easier to maintain and update)

We are now having to move from our ancient CentOS 6 nagios core server to RHEL 9 and was wondering if there is a valid Nagios Core repository for RHEL9?

Question 2:
is nagiosgraph still working on RHEL9?
Are there any newer, free nagios Core plugins that are actively being maintained that can replace nagiosgraph?
swolf
Developer

Re: Nagios Core RHEL Repositories?? and nagiosgraph in RHEL9?

Post by swolf »

Hi @Guyver1,

I can't speak to your second question, but to install Nagios Core (and plugins, dependencies, etc) from a public repository, I would recommend using EPEL's package:

Code: Select all

yum install epel-release -y
yum install nagios -y
We also have an RPM repository at https://repo.nagios.com, but it's oriented more toward our commercial offering (i.e. you can use it to install Nagios Core, but it's using the configuration you'd need to run Nagios XI and may introduce dependencies you don't want).
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy