2024R1.1.2 Changelog

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
BanditBBS

2024R1.1.2 Changelog

Post by BanditBBS »

I see 2024R1.1.2 was released but I see nothing in the changelog mentioning the backup/restore scripts being fixed?!?!
2 of XI5.6.14 Prod/DR/DEV - Nagios LogServer 2 Nodes
See my projects on the Exchange at BanditBBS - Also check out my Nagios stuff on my personal page at Bandit's Home and at github
danderson

Re: 2024R1.1.2 Changelog

Post by danderson »

Thanks for reaching out @BanditBBS,

Backup and restore fixes went into 2024R1.1 under the changelog lines

Code: Select all

- Fixed an issue with restoring XI2024R1 to another XI2024R1 server [GL:XI#572] - LG, DA
- Fixed an issue with randomized folders in backup tarball [GL:XI#818] - DA
Let me know if you are still having issues with the backup and restore scripts
BanditBBS

Post by BanditBBS »

Thanks @danderson!

My only confusion now is if I am restoring from a RHEL 7.x host to a brand new OEL 8.9 host I saw other issues. The RHEL has MariaDB installed and being used. However, the OEL 8.9 I am installing in offline mode, which goes very well but installs MySQL instead of MariaDB. If I manually install MariaDB BEFORE doing the offline install, will the fresh install use MariaDB instead of installing MySQL?

Thanks!
2 of XI5.6.14 Prod/DR/DEV - Nagios LogServer 2 Nodes
See my projects on the Exchange at BanditBBS - Also check out my Nagios stuff on my personal page at Bandit's Home and at github
danderson

Post by danderson »

I believe you'll run into issues if you try to use Mariadb on OEL 8.9. It will certainly try to install but I think it will fail. I believe mariadb is only supported on the EL 7's and only MySQL in the 8 and 9 versions. I think this is because the two started diverging and Nagios chose to stick with MySQL. You shouldn't have issues restoring from RHEL 7 to Oracle 8 (I'm assuming OEL means Oracle Enterprise Linux) when you have the same versions.

Let me know if you run into issues doing a restore.