Can't login Nagios Core Config Manager

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
erikaquarles

Can't login Nagios Core Config Manager

Post by erikaquarles »

Hello,
I have installed the fresh copy of NagiosXI
The installation went well. However, then, I was asked to set the password for nagiosadmin user
Once set I was able to successfully login the Nagios XI GUI, however,
I was unable to login Nagios Core Config Manager using the same user/password.

Any advice?
- Erik -merge fruit
jsimon

Re: Can't login Nagios Core Config Manager

Post by jsimon »

Hi @erikaquarles,

Take a look at the settings on the nagiosadmin user (Admin->Users->Manage Users) -- the Authorization level on this user needs to be set to Admin. It should be by default, but if it somehow isn't, this could be the issue. If this isn't it, I would recommend changing the admin password for nagiosadmin and trying again, as the password for the CCM should be the same as your XI login, assuming the user you are using has CCM access, which nagiosadmin does by default. If changing the password in the Nagios XI UI does not work, you can try running this from the command line:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/reset_nagiosadmin_password.php --password=newpassword
Where"newpassword" above is what you want your password to be. If you do want to use special characters with this method, you'll need to escape them with a leading "\"

Please let us know if you have any further issues with this. If so, please let us know what OS version you are on, as well as the version of XI you have installed.