Extract historical Performance of Servers in Excel

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
11abbidoa

Extract historical Performance of Servers in Excel

Post by 11abbidoa »

Ive been searching for this for almost 2 weeks now but could not find a way to extract this info.
We are assessing our server performance so we can determine the accurate resource to migrate them in the cloud.

Anyone have an idea?
jsimon

Re: Extract historical Performance of Servers in Excel

Post by jsimon »

Hi @11abbidoa,

I'm not sure that we have exactly what you are looking for as far as a record of past data, but you could try taking a look at the Reports section of Nagios XI. Downloading any of these reports in .csv format would let you import them into Excel. The Capacity Planning report might be the sort of data you are looking for as far as a way to determine necessary resources for a cloud migration. If you have a more specific need, letting us know more specifically what sorts of data you are looking to collect would make it easier to determine the best solution.
11abbidoa

Post by 11abbidoa »

What we are looking for is the historical CPU, Memory and Disk of all the servers in Excel format.
Example: Average of 1 month performance of CPU per server or daily CPU performance for 30 days. And then extract this into excel.
Similar to Details > Metrics > Select Metric > Summary, but this gives us a real time data, no options to change the time range.

I see you can change the time range when selecting the graph, but this option doesn't give us an option to select what metrics to show. Instead it will shows everything, and its causing bottleneck to our Nagios until it hung, error or timeout.

Downloading also is problem, you cant download it by bulk only individually.
jsimon

Post by jsimon »

I don't believe there's a way to extract the type of data you're looking for from the Metrics page. One thing you could try is collecting hosts and services together into hostgroups and servicegroups, which you can collect metrics on collectively. (This can be found in: Core Config Manager>Monitoring>Host Groups/Service Groups). You could create a dashboard of the various metrics by server you are looking to track by changing the graph settings and using the "Add to Dashboard" button. This would allow you to collect the data in one place.

You could also use the State History report, using hostgroups and servicegroups as well. These reports allow you to download a .csv file of the data within them, so if you can drill down your report to contain only the hosts and services you want, you should be able to use the time period controls to narrow down to the date range you're looking to track and downwload a .csv of that. Hopefully that helps somewhat, if not please let me know what the gap is so we can try and figure out a solution.
11abbidoa

Post by 11abbidoa »

thanks.. I have tried both suggestions but unsuccessful..