Check status app pool in IIS WS 2016

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
providentpolska

Check status app pool in IIS WS 2016

Post by providentpolska »

Hi Community!

I want to ask you about help to create a specific monitoring which will check status (started or stopped) a proper app pool from IIS (Windows Server 2016) via Nagios.

I found a few solutions related with create script with powershell, but it doesn't work correctly.

Best Regards
DoubleDoubleA

Re: Check status app pool in IIS WS 2016

Post by DoubleDoubleA »

Hi @providentpolska,

Some more detail would be good here. What specifically did you try? And when it didn't work, what didn't work about it? Can you provide error messages and the steps you followed?

Thanks,

Aaron
providentpolska

Hi,

Sorry for lack of more details, so:
1. I created a script, which is resposible for checking of status a proper app pool and save it on location C:\Program Files\NSClient++\scripts
2. Added the check command to NSClient++ Configuration on location C:\Program Files\NSClient++ to file nsclient.ini on section /settings/external-scripts: check_apppool = cmd /c echo scripts\check_apppool.ps1; exit($lastexitcode) | powershell.exe -command -

Now, I am not sure what's next? I found one solution about "configure Nagios to Check the App Pool Status in server Nagios", but I don't know which file should be enter this service:
define service {
use generic-service
host_name windows-server
service_description IIS App Pool Status
check_command check_apppool
}
DoubleDoubleA

Post by DoubleDoubleA »

Hello, apologies for the delay, I was out of the office.

I'd think you should be able to go to the CCM, click on Services, and then click the Add New button and go from there.

Let me know how that works.
providentpolska

Hi,

In service management - I am not sure what exactly should choose in Check command. Do you know what I should choose on these commands?