Nagios Core Reporting - Hostgroups, hosts and services

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
darkhorse

Nagios Core Reporting - Hostgroups, hosts and services

Post by darkhorse »

Hi guys,

I'm new to Nagios Core and linux and im trying to figure out how to get reporting up and running.
Ive managed to installed Nagios Core 4.3.4 on Ubuntu 12.10 and have a few hosts and services now that are being monitored.

If possible, a step by step build would be great as Ive done alot of research and cant seem to find anything.

thank you in advanced.
darkhorse

Re: Nagios Core Reporting - Hostgroups, hosts and services

Post by darkhorse »

Anyone?
Or does anyone have any websites with instructions?

Any help would be much appreciated.
darkhorse

Post by darkhorse »

I am now looking into NagiosGrapher - I followed the steps from this article - https://www.monitoringexchange.org/wiki ... iosGrapher and testing it on the PING service but cant see any graphs next to the ping.

Can anyone assist with this issue? What config files do you need to see to confirm all is setup correctly?

thank you guys.
slansing

Post by slansing »

Did you restart Apache after the installation? Also, did you notice any errors you thought nothing of while you ran make or configure?
darkhorse

Post by darkhorse »

slansing wrote:Did you restart Apache after the installation? Also, did you notice any errors you thought nothing of while you ran make or configure?
Hi Slansing - never mind. I got it working :)
Are you familiar with plugins for Xerox printers? I can monitor ping but for printer status, its giving me a time out error which im assuming the Xerox printers dont work with the check_hpjd plugin.

This is the error message: "CRITICAL - Error in packet : Timeout from host 192.168.1.10"
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

I'm not, but I would bet your Xerox probably has SNMP capabilities, which may allow you to use something like this
http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Pl ... ck/details
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com