Technology Roadmap

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
drakeu

Technology Roadmap

Post by drakeu »

Hello,

I've been asked to put together technology roadmaps for Nagios XI. Is there currently a roadmap or support policy? Specifically what version of Nagios is supported and for how long (i.e. does Nagios XI have to be at a specific patch level to be supported, when will the next version of Nagios XI be released, etc).
mguthrie

Re: Technology Roadmap

Post by mguthrie »

I would have a look at our enterprise products page.

http://www.nagios.com/products/nagiosxi/

And then direct more specific questions to our sales team sales@nagios.com. They can probably answer that question better than we can.
tonyyarusso

Re: Technology Roadmap

Post by tonyyarusso »

Is there currently a roadmap or support policy?
Not a particularly formal one, yet anyway.
Specifically what version of Nagios is supported and for how long (i.e. does Nagios XI have to be at a specific patch level to be supported).
Currently, we will do our best to help you no matter what version you are running, but quite frequently the answer for how to fix something may be "upgrade to the most recent version" (this is after all why there is a new version much of the time). If your issue is unrelated to fixes pushed out in a later release, we'll be happy to help you with what you have now. Depending on how many versions back you are though that can get rather tricky quite quickly.
when will the next version of Nagios XI be released
When it makes sense to do so. When there's a serious bug found after a release there may be a new one within a few days; other updates come when they get implemented. There is no set schedule.
Tony Yarusso
Technical Services
___
TIES
Web: http://ties.k12.mn.us/