features/roadmap

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
WVUhealth

features/roadmap

Post by WVUhealth »

are there any plans for fusion to be more than just a frontend for nagiosxi servers. For example... like one user account database, ability to move service checks from one server to another. Same hostgroups/servicegroups across all the nagiox xi boxes?
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: features/roadmap

Post by scottwilkerson »

I'm going to leave this question to our primary fusion developer, however he is on vacation this week and will return 3/11/2013
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
WVUhealth

Post by WVUhealth »

any update?
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

Sorry for the delay on this. I have verified that as of the now there is not plans to integrate a single user account db or to have the ability to move configurations from one XI server to another.

I will leave this thread open as a feature request to see if other users would find this useful.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
jzimmerman

Post by jzimmerman »

Saw this thread and just wanted to add a bit to it.

Overall I'd like to see the Nagios XI/Fusion platform become more cohesive and integrated. Something like the vCenter/ESXi Hypervisor architecture. Fusion could be a "vCenter" type component for Nagios XI servers.

So far Fusion seems to be of minimal use for us. MNTOS with some customization would suffice.

If Fusion could define users, contacts, authentications source, host groups, service groups, templates, etc.. and push those configurations down to Nagios XI servers that would be ideal for us. Actual instances of hosts and service definitions could be left to the Nagios XI servers themselves, along with the data collection.

Capabilities along these lines would make Fusion a more attractive solutions for us. Right now our Nagios XI installations seem very disjointed and a solution to help with that would be welcome.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

Thanks for the feedback, jzimmerman.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!